Thursday, April 17, 2008

Dude, you better hurry up and finish that...

I'm probably going to get us kicked out. -Alex from New York to me last night as I was eating at Bangalore.

So 150,000+ acres of forest are on fire in Tigre, a city 20 miles from here. Last night the entire city was covered in a horrible smokey cloud and we were the only people dumb enough to try and drink outside at Plaza Serrano. A $20 peso cab ride later we learned that it was no dice. Today thank God there has been a breeze so it has cleared up considerably. Apparently Rodin's the Thinker is literally 50 feet from the hostel, so I am going to go check that out in a little while.

sap on/ It's my last week, and I probably should be feeling sad or something but instead I feel awesome. I have done so many amazing things and met so many great people that I am able to look back over the last 3+ months with no regrets and so many good memories. I now have new adventures to conquer back in the States and new places to visit the next time I return. One in particular is summitting Aconcagua, the tallest mountain oustide of the Himalayas. /sap off

I met a really cool guy at Estoril today who lives in Brooklyn and works for Deutsche Bank. He gave me a ton of great info on locations to live and how to get a job, he even gave me the info of a head-hunter he used to get his job. He must be good at his job, because I was 99% leaning towards Manhattan and am now considering living in Brooklyn. I am looking forward to the next 3 months probably as much as I looked forward to the past 3 months.

So it's back home Monday morning and back to Austin on Wednesday. Pretty surreal to think it is almost over. Balls to the wall the next 3 days. Sigue la vaca for dinner tomorrow, Boca game Saturday, petting lions and tigers at a crazy zoo, La Cabrera, yada yada yada. Best city in the world and I've got 3 days to paint the town burnt orange. I'll talk to y'all when I get back.

No comments: