Friday, February 29, 2008

Adios Buenos Aires

''Of all the gin joints in all the world.''


If you have never seen Casablanca, go rent it. Tonight! My time in Buenos Aires has sadly come to an end. It is time for me to spread my wings and get some more stamps on my passport. Tonight Natalie and I are taking a 12 hour bus ride across the country to Mendoza. I am really excited to begin the traveling part of my trip but am sad to leave Buenos Aires.

Mendoza is supposed to be very beautiful and is world-reknowned for its wine. Next week is a wine festival so the city should be pretty happening. I am going to look into taking a wine-tasting class so I can move up from caveman status on my wine knowledge. I met a really cool guy here who is a wine sommlier and is only 28. He was in charge of the wine for 10 restaurants in NYC but quit to start his own wine company. B-A-L-L-E-R.
So he has inspired me to learn more about wine. I think Natalie and I will be up to the challenge. I have some friends that I met here that will be in Mendoza at the same time so it should be a lot of fun. I also am going to look into hangliding.

I have become an awesome jaywalker in BsAs, a skill I look to perfect in NYC. If there were a jaywalking olympics I would be the odds on favorite to bring home the gold. I am going to miss the pizza guy who always waves to me when I walk by (if you are ever down here, order the Calaprese pizza from Almacen de Pizzas, it'll change your life) and the haircut guy who takes time to talk to me when I walk by (and also gave me hilarious looking sideburns today, but that is a different story). I am not even sure what I am rambling on about anymore. I loved my time here and highly recommend visiting. Way cheaper than Europe and the people are much nicer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I bought tickets to see The Swell Season in Denver in a few weeks...and I'm looking forward to being in Peru in less than three weeks.

Anonymous said...

My sweet boy,
I am so thrilled that we raised you to get out and live life, and not just sit around like a couch potato! But we miss you so much! Are you planning on sky-diving? The hang-gliding should be fantastic!
I was on World Wide TV today, Mar. 4. Check out Joyce Meyer Ministries.org. Tv broadcast about Angels Attic.
Ilove you,
Mom
Be kind to everyone you meet, and always do the right thing