Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Iguazu Falls

Everything is going great down here, my tan is coming along nicely.


Valentine´s day was really nice, Natalie and I got some wine, some pizza, and went to a park and had a nice picnic. The pizza place by my apartment is insanely good. Like top 3 pizza I have had in my life.




So this last weekend I went to Iguazu Falls with Natalie.




There really are no words to describe how amazing the falls are. 2.5 km wide with over 260 different waterfalls. Talie took some awesome pictures that should be up soon. I would have taken some pictures except that my camera was stolen out of my pocket on the subway on the way to the bus station. It was crazy how deftly it was taken, especially considering how closely I watch my stuff. Hopefully the thief gets Schiavoed.




The best part of the trip was taking a jet boat that drove into one of the waterfalls and absolutely soaked us. It was insane. We also saw some monkeys eating in trees, and a lot of other animals they don´t have in the states. Natalie and I hiked 2 miles into the jungle to discover a waterfall that dropped into a pool. After hiking down we were ale to stand under the waterfall (over a 100 foot drop) and we got some awesome pictures. She is 1000x the model than me. I am like Zoolander in that I only have one look (not to mention I also am an ambi-turner). Anyway, I would really recommend making a trip to the falls at least once in your life. I am definitley returning.




Another highlight of my trip was my 30 minute conversation in Spanish with a 7 year old. Although I did not understand everything she said, I got most of it. Hooray! I am now able to communicate at a 2nd grade level!




This week I moved out of my apartmet early and back into hostel estoril. My roommate was wayyyy too anal about everything and I wasn´t meeting anybody. I didnt come to Buenos Aires to live the life of a 58 year old librarian. Eat a bag Nicolas. I love it back in the hostel, yesterday we had a Liverpool game watching party. Go Reds! I tried to organize a pickup futbol match but everyboy was being hungover and lame. I was planning on trying to join a game but my friend who works at the hostel said that it is a good possibility they will try to injure me because I am a foriegner. What a dump.




I have been hanging out wit a really cool guy named Joe from Michigan. Last night we went to a brewery in Palermo and finally had some chopp (draught) beer. I am so tired of Quilmes, it really is a terrible beer. We had a sampler tray with 8 different beers. The bartender talke to us for awhile and I actually understood a good amount of what he was saying, which was pretty sweet.

Here is a picture of us when we had dinner with his roommate (who is the exact opposite of Nicolas).




This is my last week in BsAs. Even though I love the city, it is some for me to move on and explore more of the great outdoors that South America has to offer. The tenative plan is to go to Cordoba for a few days and visit some friends I made in BsAs. After that I am going to to go to Mendoza and take a wine tasting class for 5-7 days. I will also probably take more Spanish lessons there. Then I will head to Salta and the salt flats, which I heard are amazing. Then I will make my way up through Bolivia to meet my dad, brother, and his roommate in Cuzco, Peru to hike the Incan Trail. How tits is that going to be?

Hope everyone is doing well, and don't stress out too much with school, life is too short.

Adios,
Kyle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

completely jealous. i got my first sunburn of the year on sunday while atop the bus in right field. i'm glad baseball season started back up and i wish you were here with us.