Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I have arrived

Buenos Aires is the bee´s knees so far. I almost died walking from the bus station to my hostel, apparently wearing jeans and lugging 40 pounds worth of gear half-way across the city can cause heat stroke. Hostel Estoril is where I am staying, which is in the center of the city, a short block from the Obilisque and Congresso. The hostel has a 6th floor terrace and bar which makes it easy to meet people and have a good time. Last night there were probably 15 of us drinking some Quilmes and only 2 of us were American. The biggest difference from the states is the daily schedule. Today I at lunch at 4:30, and last night I finished my dinner at 1 am. A lot of bars don´t really get going until 2am and no restaurants open before 8 for dinner. Argentinian steak is amazing and if I don´t walk 5 miles a day I will comeback looking like Violet Beureguard from Willy Wonka.

Today I went with one of my roommates and explored the Palermo and Recoleta barrios. Palermo had a some nice parks and a cheap zoo ($8 pesos). Recoleta is a very affluent neighborhood with good restaurants and bars. We stopped by the Museo Nacional de Balles Artes, and saw a lot of famous artworks.

I hope everyone is doing well, happy hour is starting, so I gotta go

-Kyle

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are off to a good start.

Please take care, we will miss you Vegas this weekend.

Yours in life,

Justin

Unknown said...

Why no mention of the strip clubs?

Anonymous said...

This is good stuff. Look forward to reading more of your expeditions. Please post pics if you're able to.

Brother to Brother,

John

Kyle said...

pics will be coming in a day or two. My dinner tonight is going to be legendary!