Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Pre-trip Outline

In five days I will be heading to Buenos Aires, Argentina for three months. As of now my preparations go as far as getting all of my shots, flipping through a book on B.A. and borrowing a backpack from my brother's friend Zach. This isn't too worrisome, as I normally preform better under the gun, as my college career bares out. Today and tomorrow I will get all of my gear ready and book my first week of hostels. I have a lot of nervous energy but it's excitement more than anything. For the first two weeks I will be taking Spanish classes and tango lessons at a local universidad in Buenos Aires.


Due to the god-awfulness that is the Brazilian consulate in Houston (and Washington D.C. and Chicago, seriously how hard is it to return a call or an e-mail?), I am planning my trip around Argentina and the western countries of South America. If I am able to obtain a visa once I am in Buenos Aires; Brazil will be added back to the itinerary.
This may be a blessing in disguise because I have now canceled my plans to go to Carnival, which would have most likely bankrupted me three weeks into my trip.

Tentatively, I am planning on visiting these locations:
*Iguazu Falls (the background picture at the top of the page) located at the border between Argentina/Paraguay/Brazil
*Montevideo and beaches in Uruguay
*Santiago, Chile
*Lima, Peru and Machu Picchu (200 miles outside of Lima)
*Ushuaia and the Patagonia region of Argentina.
*Quito, Ecuador

I am completely open minded about travel locations so please leave some suggestions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are gay.

Kyle said...

Tentatively, I am planning on visiting these locations:
*Iguazu Falls (the background picture at the top of the page) located at the border between Argentina/Paraguay/Brazil
*Montevideo and beaches in Uruguay
*Santiago, Chile
*Lima, Peru and Machu Picchu (200 miles outside of Lima)
*Ushuaia and the Patagonia region of Argentina.
*Quito, Ecuador


Wow, I just looked back on my blog and out of my tentative outline I only made it to Iguazu Falls. Too bad I had a great time and blew off the rest of my "goals".

Well I also made it to Machu Picchu which is a 20 hour bus ride from Lima, not 200 miles.