Saturday, January 19, 2008

Saturday Morning Update

So far, so great. I have met some great friends with unreal stories and experiences. It makes me want to spend the next 10 years traveling the globe. The architecture here is definitely influenced by Spain and France and the streets are absolutely enjoyable to walk. Today I am renting bikes with some friends to explore the city some more. My hostel is a stones throw away from the obelisco, which is pretty much times square of B.A. For all of you wanna be real estate moguls, I think you would be foolish if you did not strongly consider investing in a few condos here. A nice one can be had for less than 75,000 usd, which I could see increasing 5x in the next 10 to 15 years. I could see myseld staying down here if my Spanish wasnt as brutal as Duane Akinas defense this year.

My hostel Thursday night was called Sandanzas and was in the neighborhood called San Telmo. It was a smaller hostel (25 beds), but everyone bonded really well. They had free tango classes at night, and 16 out of 25 people showed up. The lesson was taught in Spanish, so I tried my best to pick up on certain words. I am in dire need of some Spanish lessons and am looking to start classes on Monday. I am also checking out neighborhoods for a possible apartment for February. Today I walked about 8 miles with some people from the hostel. We went to the famous cemetary in Recoleta, and saw Eva Perons grave. After that, I got to see River Plate stadium which was cool, but we took so long walking (even though busses cost $.30, and taxis cost about $4 usd) we missed the last tour. Next weekend I am going to Mar del Plata, which is 5 hours south, to see River vs Boca, the biggest rivalry match in the world. This was my main goal when I came down here, so I am glad I will get to complete it early in th trip.

I have only slept 22 hours since I left on Monday and I feel great. I think traveling completely changes my equilibrium and has me going non stop. Tonight I went to a great old tango hall and stayed up with friends watching the sunrise. I wish I could post pictures, but this computer was made in 1988.

Hasta luego,
Kyle

p.s. have fun in Vegas, CATI

No comments: